AgriCord General Assembly and Annual report
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
On Thursday 31st May 2012, a debate has been held on the key capacities of farmers’ organisations to defend the interests of producers in the rice chain. Speakers were :
- Patricio Mendez del Villar, CIRAD,
- Xavier Beulin, president of FNSEA,
- Oun Sophal, president of AFA, Asian Farmers Association (video),
- Ndiawar Diop, president of FPA, Fédération des Périmètres Autogérés, Senegal, and
- Philippe Pinta, president of Unigrains/AGPB/Orama.
Introduction and moderation was done by Piet Vanthemsche, president of AgriCord and president of Boerenbond, Belgium.
On Friday 1st June 2012, budget and statutory matters have been discussed and annual report approved. Presentations of the 2 new members have been made :
- Asprodeb, Association sénégalaise pour la promotion du développement à la base, by Ousmane Ndiaye and
- AsiaDHRRA, Asian Partnership for the Development of Human Resources in Rural Asia, by Marlene Ramirez.
IFAD (Benoit Thierry) presented its policies and views on rural poverty and the role of producer organisations.
Download the 2011 annual report (EN + FR)
Internal news: login
AgriCord and Agro-Info.Net share usernames and passwords. You are invited to login here by using your Agro-Info.Net credentials.
If you forgot your username or password, please send an e-mail