We are looking for a finance controller
FINANCE CONTROLLER – 1.0 FTE
Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager and working in close collaboration with Financial Assistant and Program Managers
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
- Related to AgriCord network and program financing from various donor sources including multilateral donors
- Participate in the definition, elaboration and implementation of financial management processes for the alliance
- Assist agri-agencies in financial reporting and management processes, including revising and consolidating financial reports from agri-agencies: focus on compliance with donor regulations and internal regulations
- Collect, revise and archive financial, administrative and statutory information related to member agri-agencies
- Analyse and assess audit reports of agri-agencies
- Prepare consolidated financial reporting for donors
- Manage the link between program related financial administration and accounting systems
- Provide financial reporting support to Program Managers
- Manage and update the centralized e-archiving system related to programs: encode evidence and provide requested extractions/analysis
- Related to the Central Office
- Assist with the annual closing of the accounts
- Revise accounting operations quarterly and prepare periodic closings in a proper and timely manner
- Prepare the necessary documents for external audits
- Revise financial procedures and keep them up-to-date
- Assist with all other financial duties as required
- Master in Finance or Economics or equivalent through experience
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in internal control, bookkeeping and/or basics of financial management, preferably in international development cooperation
- Experience of working with multilateral donors such as the European Commission
- Analytical skills with demonstrated experience of streamlining complex work processes and set-ups
- Results oriented problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Global vision and a broad interests, experience of working in a multicultural setting
- Good knowledge of English and French, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Self-starter with and ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- For this position we offer you a competitive salary for the Belgian based non-profit sector, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group and hospitalization insurance. Above all, this function gives you the chance to actively participate in supporting agriculture and rural life in an international context.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Start date is subject to mutual agreement, but as soon as possible.
- Interested? Apply at once and before the 15th of June 2019 to Kris Goossenaerts, email@example.com , including a detailed CV, motivation letter and contact details.