We are looking for a Senior Programme Manager
Senior Programme Manager
80% - 100% fulltime equivalent
based in Brussels (Belgium)
The Programme manager will be responsible for managing the implementation of one or several donor contracts within AgriCord’s Farmers Fighting Poverty programme. S/he manages the funding contract cycle, consolidates the results reporting, steersthe first internal control level of financial reporting and contributes , to knowledge management and visibility activities, as well as internal and external communication.
The Programme manager reports to the CEO and works closely together with the financial manager. Her/his most important tasks are:
Ensure funding contract cycle management at donor and agri-agency level
Contract at donor level
- support for the preparation of donor contracts, including gathering and consolidating information from the agri-agencies
- first point of contact for the donor, assuring a fluid and continuous communication
- representing AgriCord in relevant joint committees
- track results of the programme implementation and prepare the narrative reporting
- plan and manage programme evaluations and knowledge management and capitalization activities
Contract implementation at agri-agency level
- communicate program allocations to the AA’s,organize calls for proposals to AA’s and facilitate the selection process
- communicate donor requirements to all implementing organizations in an effective manner, including designing and carrying out induction workshops and drafting programme manuals.
- proactive results based management of programme implementation
- set-up and assure quality of reporting by agri-agencies on progress of projects, including coordination ofthe data collection and consolidation.
- improve the compliance with the donor specific financial requirements by the AA’s in close cooperation with the financial team
- regular supervision missions to the field
Facilitate cooperation between implementing organizations
- promote dialogue and cooperation between agri-agencies and farmers’ organizations in developing countries
- follow up and promote cross cutting concerns in the programme implementation
- stimulate quality services and innovation
- increase visibility of the programme
At AgriCord network level
- encourage Farmer to Farmer approach by promoting the expertise of network members and partners
- maintain contacts and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders
- support the preparation of meetings of AgriCord alliance committees, governance and other advisory bodies as well as alliance level monitoring and evaluations
- Minimum Master’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in program management involving several implementing organizations and minimum budget of 4 million euro
- Experience of at least 3 years with facilitation of organizational change processes
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Strong and proven communication skills and diplomacy
- Ability to work in an international team. Ready to travel overseas for at least 4 times a year
- Independent, flexible worker with high level of stress tolerance. Strong organisational skills
- Experience with data systems and data analysis will be considered a plus.
- Fluency in s English and French. Working knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Knowledge of financial program management is a plus.
- Familiarity with the organised farmers’ world in developing countries, as well as knowledge of inclusiveness and/or rural development and/or environmental issues related to agriculture are considered as a plus.
This function gives you the chance to develop your skills and actively participate in the support to agriculture and rural development in an international context. We offer you to be part of a small but dynamic and decisive team of motivated colleagues in Brussels and of an innovative network of global agencies and global technical and financial partners. The team is organized in a horizontal way and leadership is promoted. AgriCord promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
We offer you a competitive salary, according to your experience and age and we offer interesting extra-legal advantages.
Start date can be immediate.
Application (in English or French) to be forwarded in electronic form to Kris Goossenaerts (Kris.Goossenaerts@agricord.org), including a detailed CV, contact details, a letter of motivation,. Deadline is August 28th 2019.
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.