Vacancy Strategic Partnership Facilitator - M/F/X, 100% fulltime equivalent, based in Brussels (Belgium)
The aim of the Strategic Partnership Facilitator is to pull and bring dynamism in the international fundraising efforts in line with the financial and strategic ambitions of the AgriCord Alliance and to strengthen the positioning of the Alliance at the international level. The Strategic Partnership Facilitator builds and maintains a strategic collaboration with key persons in the regional farmers
He/ she shall also write the concept notes and elaborate the basic design of new programmes for and within this partner community. He/she shall strive to find a balance between innovation and doing things differently at the one side and the realities of the field on the other side. He/ she uses a network approach within the alliance of AgriCord to involve and activate members in the promoted strategies and envisioned results. He/she can explore new ways but can guarantee to deliver on time.
The duties of the Strategic Partnership Facilitator contain:
1. Consolidation and deepening of current partnerships and donors
- Maintaining and deepening network and relationships with UN agencies, EU, Multilateral Development banks, bilateral government agencies
- Facilitation of networking for fundraising and development of programs
- Coordination of design of new programmes and communication with donors, involved partners, strategic FOs and agri-agencies
- Coach agri-agencies in their role in fundraising, to donor delegations in the regions and in program development
2. Strategize and develop innovative partnerships and new fundraising initiatives
- Develop strategy for innovative partnerships and new fundraising models:
- Coordination of the development of regional and thematic strategies for the alliance in line with AgriCord
- Multistakeholders set-ups (local governement
- Set-up/pilot collaboration with private sector, blending mechanisms, Public Private Partnerships
- Develop the strategic relationship and collaboration model between AgriCord and the RFOs for joint fundraising.
- Set-up partnerships with other international alliances and networks in function of strategic interests of the Alliance
- Support and activate agri-agencies for their joint efforts for partnerships and fundraising.
3. Contribute to the external communication, profiling and international visibility of the Alliance
- Contribute to the development of the communication strategy for the Alliance,
- Coordination of external communication approach, organization of events and development of products
- Steer and coach AgriCord staff and agri-agencies in their contribution to the alliance
- Positioning the Alliance with evidence based positions and studies, expertise linked to global challenges, building business cases, join learning platforms
- Sharpen added value and sell the Service delivery/expertise of the Alliance
- Organise participation of Alliance and its members in international conferences and networks
- Minimum Master
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in strategic business development and international resource mobilization
- Top-of-the-shelf-insight and understanding of the main challenges for farmers in low and middle income countries and the role of different actors, and especially Farmers
- Familiarity with current trends and innovations in development cooperation and international partnerships. Demonstrated knowledge of priorities and strategic orientations of the major donors in the global context
- Excellent networker, used to move around in high level international environments
- Proven stakeholder management skills, strong and proven communication skills and diplomacy, strong facilitation skills
- Strong writing skills and the ability to draft strategies and concise programs. Excellent knowledge of the quality criteria of international donors. Proof of quality of programmes elaborated and written for high level international institutions. Experience in participatory program design processes
- Capacity for quick analysis of interest of certain opportunities or innovations for the network and of the results and approaches of the agri-agencies.
- Courageous character needed that dears to think out of the box to position AgriCord in the international donor community and to engage in partnerships.
- Capacity to synthesize complex contexts and trends or results into simple messages.
- Ability to work in an international team. Ready to travel overseas for at least 5 times a year
- Independent, flexible worker with high level of stress tolerance and able to achieve under strict deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of English and French. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Have the right to work and live in Belgium
This function gives you the chance to develop your skills and actively participate in the support to agriculture and rural development in an international context. We offer you to be part of a small but dynamic and decisive team of motivated colleagues in Brussels and of an innovative network of global agencies and global technical and financial partners. The team is organized in a horizontal way and leadership is promoted. AgriCord promotes an optimal use of resources in order to improve its efficiency and effectiveness. Staff members are encouraged to actively contribute to this goal.
We offer you a competitive salary, according to your experience and age and we offer interesting extra-legal advantages.
Start date can be immediate.
Application (in English or French) to be forwarded in electronic form to Kris Goossenaerts (firstname.lastname@example.org), including a detailed CV, contact details, a letter of motivation, Deadline is September 30, 2020.
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.