AgriCord is a global alliance of 12 agri-agencies mandated by farmers' organisations with a strategic and historical relationship with farmers' organisations in Europe, Canada, Africa, Asia and Latin America. AgriCord puts farmers' organisations at the centre in global actions and implements and co-implements complex multi-layered programmes.
AgriCord implements multiple programmes financed by AFD, FAO, GIZ, the EU, and the OACPS. The programme “Farmers' Organisations Leading Research & Innovation on agroecology for sustainable food systems” started in 2022 with the aim to strengthen farmers’ and their organisations on the grassroots, regional and continental levels.
Farmers' organisations are capacitated to contribute to the agroecological transition for more productive and resilient food system. The nature of the programme requires active global coordination and facilitation of dialogues between different partners and stakeholders.
The other ongoing support programmes strengthen extension and economic services, lobby and advocacy capacities and institutional functioning of farmers' organisations. Inclusion, resilience and climate change adaptation and mitigation are relevant thematic areas in all programmes.
The secretariat of AgriCord leads monitoring, evaluation and capitalisation at the alliance level for all joint programmes.
- Related to AgriCord network and programmes financed by various donors
- Support member agri-agencies in bi-annual financial reporting for different multilateral and bilateral donors. This includes revision, verification and consolidation of financial reports ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Monitor work plans and budgets
- Support consolidation of narrative programme reports
- Design and deliver capacity building and knowledge management workshops on thematic issues and financial management topics
- Support the regular closing of accounts and preparations for the institutional audits
- Coordinate programme audits with auditors and member agri-agencies
- Support the preparation of grant proposals with strategic partners
- Contribute to the coordination and facilitation of the alliance level working groups
- Assist with all other programme management & financial duties as required
- Master's degree in a relevant area of work
- Some relevant experience in programme and/or basics of financial management, preferably in international cooperation
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with different types of partners and stakeholders
- High level of flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of tasks
- Team player, proactive problem solver with a collaborative working approach
- Experience of working in a multicultural setting
- Good knowledge of English and French, knowledge of Dutch and/or Spanish is an asset
- Have a valid work permit for Belgium and reside in Belgium during his/her employment
- Interest and/or professional background in agriculture, forestry, farmers’ organisations and cooperatives is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and accounting software (we work with Exact Online) is considered an asset
This function gives you the chance to be part of a driven and dynamic multicultural team of highly motivated colleagues and an innovative global network.
- We offer flexibility to our employees with the possibility to telework a maximum of 2 days/week from home office
- For this position we offer you a competitive salary for the Belgian based non-profit sector (approximately 3 000 € gross for 3 years of relevant experience), plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, group and hospitalization insurance
- This function gives an opportunity to operate internationally and contribute to the farmers' organisations innovation, development and strengthening
- Start date: immediately, subject to mutual agreement.
Interested? Apply at once and before the 22nd of May 2023 to Kris Goossenaerts, firstname.lastname@example.org , including a detailed CV, motivation letter and contact details.
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.