AgriCord is a global alliance of 13 agri-agencies mandated by farmers organisations (FOs) with a strategic and historical relationship with Farmers’ Organisations in Europe, Canada, Africa, Asia and Latin America. AgriCord puts farmers organisations at the centre in global level actions and implements and co-implements complex multi-layered programs.
AgriCord has several ongoing programmes financed by AFD, FAO, GIZ, EU, OACPS. These include FO4ACP, started in 2019, under which AgriCord intervenes in Africa and the Caribbean. The programme focus areas are strengthening farmers’ organisations economic and technical services, lobby and advocacy for enabling environment and institutional support. Farmers Organisations Leading Research & Innovation on agroecology for sustainable food systems – FO RI started in 2022 with the aim to strengthen farmers’ and grassroots/regional/continental farmers organisations (FOs’) capacities to contribute and drive the agroecological transition for more productive and resilient food system. All programmes work also towards improved resilience and climate change adaptation and mitigation competencies and practices of FOs.
The global coordination of the above mentioned, and other ongoing AgriCord programmes, require support to allow more dialogue with stakeholders, analyse and learn from the achieved results, prepare and disseminate capitalization and knowledge products, organise visibility events. The consultant is also expected to support AgriCord programme management team in the continuous monitoring against results frameworks and the preparation of the programme level consolidated reports to be submitted to the donors.
The consultant will contribute to:
- Analysis of stakeholders and relevant information on FO projects, production of knowledge products based on the analysis and organization of virtual and in presence stakeholder meetings and events.
- Contribute to the programme results analysis, drafting of interim and annual reports and presentation for strategic programme management meetings, such as Steering Committee, Scientific Advisory Committee, Operational Sub-Committee and AgriCord Programme Commission meetings.
- Support the roll-out of FO RI programme component 2 (C2 global) workshops and coordination (C3) meetings.
- Support the preparation of coordination meetings between different implementing partners, prepare Power Point presentations and meeting minutes and outcome documents.
- Contribute to the design of thematic capacity-building workshops within and across the programmes
- Support data collection from project level and provide support for continuous progress monitoring on logframes including consolidated reporting on programs level.
- Contribute to production of capitalisation and knowledge management products – documents and video editing.
- Participating in different programme related events and workshops to support the organization and production of reports and outcome documents from the events.
In case it is required to assist in person to certain programme related activities and events, the AgriCord Programme Director will provide the consultant with her written agreement and AgriCord will reimburse all reasonable costs incurred by the consultant.
The local consultant will work home-based closely with the AgriCord Programme Director and with other AgriCord programme management team members, with Knowledge and Monitoring Manager, with AgriCord Programme Commission’s agroecology working group, and will report to the Programme Director.
For all the activities, the consultant will receive continuous feedback and supervision.
Timing of the assignment
- 09/02/2024: deadline for interested consultants to submit a response to this ToR for a contract for approximately 85-90 days of work spread over the full year 2024
- 23/02/2024: successful candidate will be informed, and contract signed
- 01/03/2024 – 31/12/2024: implementation of the consultancy
Since most of AgriCord activities take place in Africa, the consultant is expected to be based on the African continent and be fluent in English and French. Candidates who do not fulfil these criteria will be excluded from the final selection.
- Development professional with degree in the fields of agricultural innovation and research, agriculture and rural development, agroecology, agricultural extension, social sciences, or other related topics to the call
- Experience of conducting R&D work in close collaboration with farmers and farmers organisations, as well as of engaging in multi-stakeholder partnerships
- Knowledge about the priorities and strategic orientation of EU and ACP in the global context
- Experienced with participatory strategic planning and program design processes with farmers’ organizations
- Experienced with M&E including logframe management and data consolidation
- Familiar with drafting knowledge management products
- Strong writing skills and ability to write EU programs
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including presentations, reports and proposals (in several languages)
- Capacity to work under pressure and be able to deliver on time respecting strict deadlines
- Experience conducting or taking part in collective interactions using main virtual tools (such as Teams, Zoom, Skype, or equivalent)
- Good facilitation and diplomatic skills, good team player but also highly autonomous and capable of organizing and implementing her or his activities as expected
- Perfect working knowledge of English and French
- Availability for the period mid-April to December 2024
Contents of the offer
Questions regarding the Terms of Reference can be sent to AgriCord, to the email address:
email@example.com Please specify “Consultancy for FO strengthening programmes” in the email subject line.
Interested candidates should send their offer on the 9th of February 2024 at the latest, to the same email address with the same specification.
The offer should include the following:
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae, including all previous contracts during the last 2 years;
- Brief motivation (half a page) of interest in the assignment
- Expected daily fee rate, VAT inclusive (exclusive of expenses)
- Indication of guaranteed availability between March and December 2024 for 75 working days.
Selection of the proposals
The selection of the candidate will be done by AgriCord secretariat and will be based on the following criteria:
- Relevant experience and expertise (60%)
- Availability on short term and for the whole duration of the contract (20%)
- Financial proposal (20%)
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.