AgriCord is looking for an Admin. & Fin. Mgr
AgriCord is an alliance of 14 “agri-agencies”. Agri-agencies are non-profit organisations for Development Co-operation with structural links to the farmers’ and rural members’ organisations in their home countries. Fourteen agri-agencies are currently involved, from Asia (1), Belgium (2), Brazil (1), Canada (Québec, 1), Finland (1), France (2), Germany (1), Italy (1), the Netherlands (1), Senegal (1), Spain (1) and Sweden (1).
AgriCord operates as a network, with a small central office based in the European centre of Brussels, currently working with 8 staff members. AgriCord organises the international “farmer-to-farmer” cooperation. As a network, AgriCord manages “Farmers Fighting Poverty”, a comprehensive framework programme for capacity development support to farmers’ organisations in developing countries.
The AgriCord central office is looking for an
Administrative & financial manager
M/F, 100% fulltime equivalent, based in Brussels (Belgium)
The Administrative and financial manager ensures that the AgriCord alliance set-up, finances and operations are compliant with legal and internal procedures.
The duties of the administrative and financial officer contain:
1.Financial management and internal control
- Manage the AgriCord accounts and bookkeeping
- Donor contracting and setting up reliable budget and financial planning and assuring the follow-up thereof
- Maintain the procedures for financial reporting within the secretariat and the alliance, and assuring compliance with these procedures
- Organise internal audit and internal control systems and work together with the audit commission
- Ensure automatization and data security of the financial systems and data
- Comply with legal aspects annual financial reporting and audits
- Ensure preparation of the AgriCord yearly budget and its follow up
- Advise CEO with business analysis and projection
- Ensure preparation of the yearly accounts
- Ensure preparation and execution of the general financial audit in cooperation with an external audit firm
- Advise CEO with projection of distribution of duties and benefits amongst members
- Assuring the compliance with all legal and statutory requirements.
- Maintain the AgriCord handbook
- Organize and maintain member affiliation: manage membership invoicing, onboard new members/keep up-to-date existing members on administrative and financial compliance matters, visit members, answer questions
- Set-up quality assurance programmes: verifying accuracy of financial data, tracking aid effectiveness, satisfaction surveys, organisational assessments
- Coordinate the quality certification process of the secretariat
- Day to day operations of the secretariat
- Set up a positive working environment and provide staff with necessary equipment and systems to do their work
- Direct and supervise HR administration matters in collaboration with social secretariat.
- Follow-up the functionality of AIN (digital databank within the network) with Agri-agencies and Agriterra.
- Coach logistic assistants of the AgriCord secretariat
- Steer correct administrative and logistics management by the Central Office for meetings of the governance and advisory bodies, travel of Central Office staff, hosting visiting network members and partners, …
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in bookkeeping, internal control and basics of financial management, preferably in international development cooperation
- Performance in English and French
- Good knowledge of internal control systems
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of accounting for a non-profit organisation
- Knowledge of financial program management and financial analysis
- Able to develop trust with the directors and Board members.
- Managing capacity and management identification capacity
- Excellent planning and organisational capacities
- Strategic in financial business management
- Ability to work accurate, precise and efficient
- Stress resistant
- Independent worker but ability to work in an international team
- Familiar with the organised farmers’ world in developing countries a plus.
- In depth knowledge of accountancy, experience with WINBOOK or similar accounting software is a plus
- Experience with data systems will be considered as a plus.
- Working experience in a multicultural environment is a plus
For this position we offer you an appropriate salary, plus fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, end-of-year bonus, extended leave entitlements, group insurance and hospitalisation. Above all, this function gives you the chance to develop your content and actively participate in the support to agriculture and rural life in an international context.
Start date is subject to mutual agreement, and preferably January 2019.
Application is to be forwarded in electronic form to Hannelore Beerlandt, Hannelore.email@example.com, including a detailed CV, contact details, expected salary, a letter of motivation, and names and contacts of three referees. Deadline is January 31, 2019.