AgriCord vacancy Programme manager
AgriCord is an alliance of 12 agri-agencies. Agri-agencies are non-governmental organisations for development co-operation with structural links to the farmers’ and rural members’ organisations in their home countries. Agri-agencies support capacity development of farmers’ organisations in developing countries. As a network, AgriCord manages and implements jointly the “Farmers Fighting Poverty” programme - a comprehensive framework programme for support to farmers’ organisations in developing countries, financed by different donors.
AgriCord has its central office in Brussels, Belgium and is looking for a
Knowledge and Results Manager
80% - 100% fulltime equivalent
based in Brussels (Belgium)
The Knowledge and Results Manager will be responsible for managing the ‘implementation of programmes within AgriCord’s Farmers Fighting Poverty programme. S/he manages the joint objectives on results, the joint efforts and used services for results, the necessary links with regional farmers’ organisations, the funding contract cycle, consolidates the results reporting, contributes to knowledge management and visibility activities, as well as internal and external communication. Her/his most important tasks are:
Project cycle management at donor and agri-agency level
At donor level
- monitor results of the programme implementation and produce progress reports
- plan and manage programme evaluations and knowledge management and capitalization activities
- ensure visibility for the programmes and its results
- support for the preparation of donor contracts, including gathering and consolidating information from the agri-agencies
At agri-agency level
- communicate donor requirements to all implementing organizations in an effective manner, including designing and carrying out induction workshops and drafting programme manuals.
- set-up and assure quality of reporting by agri-agencies on progress of projects, including coordination of the data collection and consolidation.
- Ensure and improve the compliance with the donor specific requirements in close cooperation with the financial team
- supervision missions to the field
At AgriCord network level
- support maintaining contacts and cooperation with all relevant stakeholders
- support the preparation of meetings of AgriCord alliance committees, governance and other advisory bodies as well as alliance level monitoring and evaluations
Internal and external communication
- create content for AgriCord website and social media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and draft newsletter to our members
- support the organization of visibility activities
- support the development of publications and other communication materials.
- Master’s degree
- 3- 5 years of experience in monitoring and results frameworks in multi donor settings program management involving several implementing organizations
- Experience with working within the latest trends, themes and policies on rural development, open for innovation and forward looking
- Experience in elaboration of theories of change and local frameworks in a multi stakeholder setting
- Stakeholder management skills
- Strong and proven communication skills and diplomacy
- Ability to work in an international team and readiness to travel overseas 2-4 times a year
- Independent, flexible worker with high level of stress tolerance.
- Strong organisational skills and experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience with data systems and data analysis will be considered a plus.
- Fluency in English and French, both written and oral. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus
- Knowledge of financial program management is a plus
- familiarity with the organised farmers’ world in developing countries, as well as knowledge of inclusiveness and/or rural development and/or environmental issues related to agriculture are considered a plus.
This function gives you the chance to develop your skills and actively participate in the support to agriculture and rural development in an international context. We offer you to be part of a small but dynamic team of highly motivated colleagues in Brussels and of an innovative network of global agencies and technical and financial partners.
We offer you a competitive salary, according to your experience and age, as well as fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance…
Start date can be immediate.
Application (in English or French) to be forwarded in electronic form to Kris Goossenaerts (Kris.Goossenaerts@agricord.org), including a detailed CV, contact details, a letter of motivation,. Deadline is 11/04/21.
AgriCord is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.