FAO publication on Producers organisations
Thursday, February 9, 2012
The report has been prepared by the FAO Inter Departmental Committee and Inter Departmental Working Group on Institution Building for Agriculture and Rural Development.
The report first highlights what was planned in 2011 to support Producers’ Organizations and food, agricultural and rural cooperatives and then presents the different achievements, as for example:
- - The outcomes of the 37th Committee on World Food Security (CFS) and particularly the discussions on Food Price Volatility and Gender;
- - The finalization of the Voluntary Guidelines on Responsible Governance of Tenure of Land, Forest and Fisheries in October 2011 and the large contribution of the African Farmers‘ Organizations;
- - Its different activities on closing the gender gap : through the Knowledge Management and Gender Program and the FOs involvement in the G120 and in the G20;
- - The focus on youth at the International Day of Cooperatives 2011;
- - And the launching of the 2012 International Year of Cooperatives.
The last part presents the work plan for 2012 and more particularly the Farmers‘ Forum, the 56th session of the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), the General Assembly of the World Farmers‘ Organization, and different publications on good practices and other analyses.